Today’s game is Buzzword. The premise is simiple – you have a limited number of letters, which appear one at a time. Use the letters to form words – the longer and more complex the word, the higher the score.
The problem is that you have limited space for the letters that arrive. Should you go for the smaller, safer words? Should you wait for more letters but at the risk of overflowing your rack? Should you risk words you’re not sure exist? Do you want to use low scoring words to get rid of the harder letters? Why is your rack full of J’s, V’s and U’s??
Also for this version please don’t play with sound. It’s annoying.
Buzzword.xlsm v1.0 – Link here, two files for both 32-and 64-bit versions of Excel.
Hello, Please feel free to play my first game, Battle Snake! If you’re looking for games that start out fun end up destroying friendships by the end, look no further. It’s like a Mario Party you can play on your work PC.
Get the file here. (Version 1.1 – Updated 150806). There are two files there; if the 32-bit version doesn’t work try the other one.
- Same-keyboard co-op! Up to three people can play at once, squeezing together uncomfortably in the chair.
- Customizable features, such as snake speed and initial snake length. Keyboard mapping isn’t allowed, though. 😦
Some additional hints:
- Doesn’t work in Open Office, needs Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). VBA code is currently unlocked, so you can see there’s nothing malicious in it.
- When you press “start”, the snake doesn’t actually start moving until you press an initial arrow key.
- Once a snake crashes, that player is out of the game – but he isn’t necessarily the loser! For example, in a two player game, if the If he’s in the lead, the game will continue until either the other player has overtaken him or they’ve crashed with less points. Of course, now that one player is out of the picture, his opponent can take their sweet time.
Please feel free to leave comments or email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!